2005 Yearly SABER Operations Overview
2005 Data Collection
SABER became operational on January 8, 2002, and remained in Data Collection (DC) mode during 2005 except for the periods noted below.
- February 09 - TIMED spacecraft successfully switched to AST (star tracker) only mode.
- 09 Feb 12:42 - TIMED gyros turned off.
- February 16-18 - Cooler Power Cycle
- 16 Feb 21:33 - Command sent to turn off the adaptive scan and cryo-cooler.
- 17 Feb 19:57 - Command sent to turn the cryco-cooler back on and set the temperature to 74K.
- 18 Feb 21:50 - Command sent to re-enable adaptive scan and restart nominal DC
- March 16-17 - 7 Lunar Observations
- 16 Mar 15:38 - First Moonlook
- 17 Mar 01:20 - Last Moonlook
- November 15-17 - Cooler Power Cycle
- 15 Nov 17:03 - Command sent to turn off the adaptive scan and cryo-cooler.
- 16 Nov 15:41 - Command sent to turn the cryco-cooler back on and set the temperature to 74K.
- 17 Nov 15:58 - Command sent to re-enable adaptive scan and restart nominal DC
Click here for a list of each command sent in 2005 along with a short description of that command's purpose.
2005 Operational Changes
Operational changes made to SABER in 2005 are noted below:
- No operational changes were made to SABER during 2005
Trended parameters are divided into three sections:
- Housekeeping - plotted parameters directly related to health and monitoring
- Responsivity - responsivity levels plotted for channels 1-10
- Scan Mirror - plot of scan mirror behavior for 2005
The plot below shows the dates of TIMED Yaws, and the latitudes between which SABER observed during those Yaws
The small picture below shows the orientation of SABER on TIMED, and the latitudes observed in +X and -X travel
The breakdown of commands sent to SABER in 2005 is as follows:
For a list of each command sent in 2005 along with a short description of that command's purpose,
2005 Limit Violations
During the year of 2005, there were no reported Red limit violations.