2009 Yearly SABER Operations Overview
2009 Data Collection
SABER became operational on January 8, 2002, and remained in Data Collection (DC) mode during 2009 except for the periods noted below.
- June 15 - 22 - TIMED demoted to SAFE.
- 15 Jun 00:00 - TIMED demoted to SAFE. SABER powered off.
- 19 Jun 21:34 - SABER returns to DC.
- 22 Jun 19:49 - SABER Adaptive Scan seeded to correct values.
- October 14 - 16 - SABER blackbody temperature reduction calibration.
- 14 Oct 12:39 - SABER blackbody temp reduced to 227 degrees.
- 16 Oct 11:33 - SABER blackbody temp returned to nominal 247 degrees.
- October 29 - Calibration performed to better characterize the scaling factor between medium and low gain for channels 5 - 7.
- December 2 - 4 - TIMED demoted to SAFE.
- 02 Dec 01:26 - TIMED demoted to SAFE.
- 04 Dec 12:09 - SABER returns to DC.
Click here for a list of each command sent in 2009 along with a short description of that command's purpose.
2009 Operational Changes
Operational changes made to SABER in 2009 are noted below:
- No operational changes were made to SABER during 2009
Trended parameters are divided into three sections:
- Housekeeping - plotted parameters directly related to health and monitoring
- Responsivity - responsivity levels plotted for channels 1-10
- Scan Mirror - plot of scan mirror behavior for 2009
The plot below shows the dates of TIMED Yaws, and the latitudes between which SABER observed during those Yaws
The small picture below shows the orientation of SABER on TIMED, and the latitudes observed in +X and -X travel
The breakdown of commands sent to SABER in 2009 is as follows:
For a list of each command sent in 2009 along with a short description of that command's purpose,
2009 Limit Violations
During the year of 2009, there were no reported Red limit violations.